Fast Weight Loss - Fort Collins Weight Loss Clinic Resolutions Day 15-22
This is Siegfried Emme FNP from the Loveland Medical Clinic and it is January 26, 2017. I just finished my high intensity interval training for the day and ate little bit of chicken. I'm drinking a martini this evening and figured I'd wrap up the the last week of the 22 day Jump Start Program for you guys. I did this program for you folks because I live my life this way and I wanted to show you guys what I do on a daily basis. This covers days 15 through 22 of January 2017.
- eliminate sweet drinks. I cut down on my wine this week , but I usually have a glass every night. You would want to eliminate this completely in a weight loss phase.
- Move more. I averaged over the week 9500 steps per day. Not bad. I also do biweekly HIIT workouts.
- I'm alternating between 5,000 2,000 units of vitamin d3 with 80 200 micrograms of vitamin k2 every single day. Winter is a good time to get your level checked because that is when you D3 level will be at its lowest. I test people that have anxiety, depression, and diabetes almost universally they're all really low in vitamin D levels.The United States Task Force says you shouldn't be screening for it, but if you're one of my patients I will screen for it and if you're above 40 we're going to leave it at that. I am not a fan of much of the diet info that the USPTFS puts out. After all, we are currently an obese country based on their advise. Dr. Mercola recommends 50 to 70's as an ideal Vitamin D3 level and Dr. Hyman is similar. These are all functional medical type doctors who treat the whole person instead of just the disease. Me personally when I am above 40 I'm happy, but it takes me supplementing to get above that level.
- Intermittent fasting. Since I do this daily it is no big deal. How about you ? Did you get one in ?
- Get those 7-8 hours of sleep in nightly. This continues to be a work in progress for me.
I'm going to talk to you about something called autophagy. I think the 2016 Nobel prize in medicine was awarded to a doctor that did all his research on autophagy. This is when basically the body takes damaged proteins and gets rid of it and rebuilds new proteins. A perfect example of this is Alzheimer's disease. Alzheimer's is these bad proteins accumulating in neural networks in your brain. What autophagy does is get rid of the junk in your brain which can help prevent you from getting Alzheimer's. One of the ways you can get there is by fasting. Basically, your body realizes oh I don't have any food coming in. That means no new protein and so it starts searching around your body looking for damaged proteins. It takes those damaged proteins, breaks them up, and reforms them to be used somewhere else. That is recycling at its best.
Fasting does so many more things. It increases your growth hormone, decreases your insulin, increases norepinephrine, decreases mTOR, and the list goes on. Plus once you hit ketosis your mental clarity increases and you can feel just totally amazing.
I hope you folks got something out of doing this 22 day program. If you would really like a structured program with one-on-one counseling, labs, membership site with private Facebook group in order to improve your health, lose weight, reverse diabetes, decrease hypertension, and increase mental clarity join our program. That is what the Loveland Medical Clinic is all about. We offer a variety of programs to include online, local, national, international, and intensives. We have a program for you.
My name is Siegfried Emme and I am a nurse practitioner, owner, and CEO of the Loveland Medical Clinic and I would love to talk to you. For more information fill out our contact page.
If you need more information about our weight loss programs CLICK HERE